Upminster Conservative Ward Volunteer, Adam Baker, has written to Upminster Councillors regarding parking. This comes as widespread confusion has spread online about the state of parking.
He has asked 6 questions:
1) When is there free parking?
2) What are the new parking charges for Upminster?
3) Why did the Residents Association Political Party vote against the fully costed Conservative proposal to freeze parking charges?
4) Is there free parking if the pay machines are out of order?
5) How can you pay for parking if you do not have the app?
6) Will there be better signage to clearly show parking rules?
On parking, he says that "parking in Upminster is confusing. Not only will residents have to pay 40% more, they will suffer from complicated rules." This comes as only 30 minutes free parking comes to council car parks only. This will create two tiers of parking is close proximity - charging £2.10 for 1 hour and £3.90 for 2 hours. For his full message to the RAs please click the file below.