The Cleaner Havering campaign, launched this week, seeing an extra £400,000 invested by the Conservative led Council into street cleaning.
This extra money will see the frequency of cleaning in residential streets increased from once every three weeks to fortnightly.
In addition to investing into more street cleaning the campaign will see the Council:
- supporting and encouraging residents to join in community clean-ups
- encourage more reporting of fly-tipping and littering and increasing enforcement action around both
- awareness around the disposal of dog mess and actions against those dropping chewing gum in our streets
- continuing as one of the Councils in the country that offers a weekly rubbish and recycling collection
- increasing action to keep our local rivers and parks clean and healthy.