Cranham is home to the London Underground Depot in Front Lane for the District Line. Residents close to the Depot will be fully aware that work has been undergoing for many years. With the project completion due in 2020, notification has been given by TfL regarding what works will be carried out over 2019.
The Depot will see:
- An extension of the two track maintenance roads, adding 64 metres in length.
- An upgrade to all electrical and mechanical equipment, which will include the roller doors.
- A deepening of the pit inside of one house in the depot.
- New platforms and lighting in the cleaning shed.
- New pipework and systems to aid trains screen wash facilities
For any queries or complaints please contact TfL:
Phone: 0343 222 1234 (24 hours)
Write: TfL Customer Services, 4th Floor, 14 Pier Walk, London, SE10 0ES